Saturday, January 12, 2013

Shopping

OK --- I admit it --- I am a shopaholic!
I love to browse and compare prices and find that special something. Purchases have to be on sale ----- everything is FOR sale but don't buy until it is ON sale.
Yup --- if I can't be hiking take me shopping.
Of course things are looking up the last few years with the introduction of Big Box Stores where you get a mix of both! (part of the Keep Ontario Moving program)

My favourite haunts are grocery stores or ethnic delis. European grocery stores can be a whole day adventure with the rewards a mixture of surprise packages. These make dinners very interesting at times. (I vow every year to learn Germany but that might spoil the surprise)



Open markets draw people from miles and I always like to be included.




This market kept me occupied all day. You could barter and negotiate  --  all part of the fun. Regardless of what peaked your interest you were guaranteed to come away with a prize.



Even on remote mountain tops farmers were ready to feed my shopping fetish. Nothing tastes better than cheese, honey and butter fresh from these huts.




Currently as you can see I am busy with shoppers in training.
They are the future  ......  hope they take Grandma with them.

Life is such a wonderful adventure.

1 comment:

  1. What no pictures of the Florida market. I thought you found some great bargains at the flea market?
    Great post and pictures.

    ReplyDelete