Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy Feet

I used to have a shoe fetish  .....  red,blue,pumps,clogs,high top boots ...every outfit required a different finish.
Now that I have matured comfort rules! No more stilettos for me. Good serviceable tie-ups complete my wardrobe. Boots have to be flat, warm (in the winter) and dry.



On a recent trip north I discovered my old boots no longer kept my feet warm. I pulled out my computer and started shopping. Ordered these Sorels from MEC at 40% off ( never pay full price ). They are rated for -25C. Can't wait to get back to Ottawa or Bancroft and try them out.

Indoor footwear is also important. After hiking all day I have the perfect foot candy to please even the most fussy feet.



 These cuties are sheepskin on the outside filled with plush lambs wool on the inside. I purchased them in a small mountain village (Murren ) in Switzerland years ago. They are warm and cozy and over the years have molded beautifully to my feet. Looks like I may have to replace them in September when I visit the area again.



My most important foot attire would be the boots I wear  all day. These have to be comfortable , waterproof , warm but not hot and of course light ( I don't want to haul around weights on my feet). I purchased these Lowas 6 years ago in Switzerland. They know how to make boots. I put these on and started walking ----- averaging 8 miles a day. No blisters. No sore spots, Just happy feet. These boots have trucked through puddles in Madeira ..... my feet stayed dry. They slid through snow in Frankfurt and Prague ... still warm and dry. Sadly I think they have seen better days. So for the past few months in anticipation of our bi-annual escape to Switzerland I started the hunt for new boots.






When you find a good thing stick with it. I bought Lowas again. On sale of course! Can't wait to try them out in September.

Remember ..... be good to your feet and they will be good to you.

Happy hiking.

2 comments:

  1. You've got the hang of it. Love reading your posts. Thanks for sharing the information. Where did you order your Lowas boots from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol... My name is Annie... friend of Art and Mary.. interested in your hiking boots. Have been looking for some for awhile but not found what I like yet... any recommendations for wide feet as to style?

    ReplyDelete