Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Grandma job

Just got off the phone with my daughter. She didn't sound her chirpy self. She is tired! Maybe as a mother of 3 youngsters under 4 that is to be expected.
The main culprit right now is her 2 year old. She has given up sleep. Not just her afternoon nap (expected) but sleep generally.
This is all my daughter's fault of course. She named her after her grandmother (my Mom). Her grandmother never slept much either ---- just too busy!
Bella-boo is busy too. From the moment she flew into this world she hasn't stopped (what word other than flew would you use to describe a baby arriving 20 minutes into labour?). At 2+ she was probably ready to dispense with the mid day nap, but shouldn't that make for better night sleeping?
Anyway Grandma to the rescue.Bella needs an adult that can keep up with her -- for a few days.Maybe her Mom will have a nap.......

I will be off the radar and away from my computer for a few days doing what grandmas do best.
Isn't it great to be able to help out.
I am so happy to be part of these little peoples lives.
Guess this is what is meant by the circle of life.



2 comments: