Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hibernation

February is such a drab month. The excitement of Christmas is over. The novelty of snow has passed. Friends and relatives  have scattered to parts of the world warmer than Ontario. As for me I guess I decided the bears have a good thing going right now ----- sleep through the winter ----- or in my case turn up the fireplace, dust off that thick novel and cozy up till it looks like you can venture outdoors without fear of frost bite.
Anyway ----- the end of February draws nearer. I have been getting complaints from my readers ( well -- I think I had 1 complaint ..... ). So this blog will be active again.
We have plans to escape farther south ourselves, starting tomorrow. The plan is to meet friends in Myrtle Beach for a couple of weeks ----- little sand and sun, lots of catching up. Hope the weather improves here for driving.
As well as printing google maps, securing cheap hotel accommodations and of course packing I always take time to check out great shopping deals. I have pre ordered for delivery in the USA and have hauled out my American catalogues. This add caught my eye!


This was a full page add in Cabela's  an Outdoor store  that I thought sold good clothing and shoes ...... looks like they are in to a few other things as well! Look closer .......


Gotta love shopping in USA ----- don't think you can carry drugs or alcohol around in public but obviously a gun is OK ?????? I will not be shopping at this store. Don't know who or what you may run in to. ....... here I am thinking a purse was just to carry cash and make up .......  WOW. As my Dad used to say..... always something!



Will keep you posted on our travels.
Happy snow day everyone.
Keep warm.







1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back on line. Enjoy the beach and shopping.
    Art

    ReplyDelete